Thursday, June 20, 2013

Blog 6: Most to Least Favorite Assignments


So for this last blog, I have to rate our six assignments from most to least favorite, so here I go.

1.  Multi-plane Animation - I have to say that this assignment was my favorite one to work on.  While it took a long time to animate it, the final product was really cool, and I loved seeing how it turned out.  Plus, it was fun to create the soundscape for the project.
2.  Bolex Long Take – The Bolex assignment was a lot of fun for a couple of reasons.  First, it was a really wild experience getting to use film.  This was the first time I have gotten to shoot with such a camera, and it was a great experience.  I really loved loading the camera and hearing the clicking as it ran the film.  Second, I really enjoyed getting to swim in the pool, especially since it was a hot day.  It was a nice way to relax and cool off instead of roast in the sun.
3.  3D Anaglyph – This assignment was a lot of fun to shoot and to see the final product.  PJ and I had a lot of fun sword fighting, and we had a good time figuring out what exactly we were going to do for the scene.  It was a unique opportunity to dress as a pirate and fight over treasure for a project.  I also enjoyed seeing the final product.  The 3D was surprisingly good, and I liked how it turned out.  I think the video made a lot of people laugh, so I feel like it was a mission accomplished.  The only complaint I had was that not everything lined up perfectly in editing, and it was a pain to deal with while compiling the footage.
4.  Direct Film Manipulation – The direct film manipulation was a neat assignment for me as it was the first time to get to work with film.  I really liked getting to paint and scribble on the film stock.  It was cool to see what techniques produced what kind of look, what worked and what didn’t, and what all in general could be done to the film stock.
5.  Crowdsourcing – I liked the crowdsourcing assignment because it allowed for some neat ideas to emerge and be produced.  I liked the ability to give out the work to others and see what they came up with for the frames.  I did not like the assignment too much though since I was having trouble finding people who were available to help me.  When I went in to the frame factory, I was alone for most of the time, and afterwards I was doing most of it by myself except for some that a friend was kind enough to help with.
6.  Media Fast – The media fast was interesting, and it gave me some perspective as to how tied to the media I am, along with other people in our society.  That being said, I was bored to tears and found myself doing pretty much anything to alleviate my boredom, which was mostly eating and sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment